• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

anyone have the fitch catalyst system?

projectTK

NAXJA Forum User
gas prices suck and economy blows. Just wonder if anyone has used or know someone that has this system and if they actually gained mpg's. The system for the cherokee is 400$ and is supposed to last 300,000miles and increase mileage up to 3mpg.

I seen in one of the jp mags or 4wd mags they put this system on a 91 f250 with 35s and 410s with the 460 motor and increased from 9mpg to 12 something.

http://www.fitchfuelcatalyst.com/

heres the site

It would take you over one year to recoup the costs of this.

If you increase your mileage by 3mpg (assuming 15,000 miles/year @ $2.50/GAL gasoline). Then, after that, you only save about $370/year (~$7/week).

Also, the operation life is 250,000 operating miles or 5,000 operating hour.

I'm just saying, so don't get your panties in a wad.

gas prices suck and economy blows. Just wonder if anyone has used or know someone that has this system and if they actually gained mpg's. The system for the cherokee is 400$ and is supposed to last 300,000miles and increase mileage up to 3mpg.
I seen in one of the jp mags or 4wd mags they put this system on a 91 f250 with 35s and 410s with the 460 motor and increased from 9mpg to 12 something.
http://www.fitchfuelcatalyst.com/
heres the site

The OEMs spend hundreds of million of dollars to increase mileage 1 or 2 MPG. If this worked so well, they would be on every car and truck sold.
Now if a reputable university, auto manufacturer or fleet user (UPS maybe) does comprehensive, long-term testing, with positive results, I'm interested.
Until then, this and similar items, will remain on the 'snake oil' list.

I read an article about it in the 4WParts magazine and they seemed to like it quite a bit... but of course, they are trying to sell them.

Also, if I remember correctly, they said something about getting your best gains when using aged gasoline.

This is almost definitely snake oil. Even if it did what it claims, there is no way it could allow you to get 20% more energy out of a gallon of gas, which is what you'd need to go from about 15mpg to 18mpg.

Disclaimer: I don't think it will work either.
This is almost definitely snake oil. Even if it did what it claims, there is no way it could allow you to get 20% more energy out of a gallon of gas, which is what you'd need to go from about 15mpg to 18mpg.
You're looking at it the wrong way.

Gasoline engines are only about 25% efficient to begin with.(yes, I know, some of the really good ones are closer to 30%)So you aren't looking for a 20% increase in energy content. You're looking at something like a 5% increase in efficiency.

Disclaimer: I don't think it will work either.You're looking at it the wrong way.

Gasoline engines are only about 25% efficient to begin with.(yes, I know, some of the really good ones are closer to 30%)So you aren't looking for a 20% increase in energy content. You're looking at something like a 5% increase in efficiency.

This thing is supposed to alter the fuel, not the engine.

Back