• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Looking for 12" shock with stem on top

old_man

NAXJA Forum User
I'm revamping the shock mounting on my radius arm suspension. Does anybody have any numbers for a 12" shock with connections similar to what is on a stock XJ. That means a stem on top and an eye on the bottom. I really would rather not go with bpe's at the moment if I can get away with it.

I like Bilsteins but they will stretch my budget at the moment.

I'm revamping the shock mounting on my radius arm suspension. Does anybody have any numbers for a 12" shock with connections similar to what is on a stock XJ. That means a stem on top and an eye on the bottom. I really would rather not go with bpe's at the moment if I can get away with it.
I like Bilsteins but they will stretch my budget at the moment.

Bilstein 5150s are the only ones I know of that are available with a stem top.
http://www.shockwarehouse.com/site/bst_5150.cfm

But with the Bilstien 5150's you need a JKS shock conversion to use in the front.

Pro comp, Skyjacker, Fox, Rancho. All make 12" travel shocks with the pin top. Look for shocks for a TJ with 6"-8" lift if they dont list them for an XJ.

Back