• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

dana 30 diff covers the same?

muddeprived

NAXJA Forum User
Are all dana 30 diff covers the same? There's one on ebay for a dana 30 Jeep axle. It looks like what I have but they seller isn't sure what jeep it came off. I would think they are all the same. Am I wrong?

They will all fit,but the fill hole height changes based on the model.

Ok the fill hole isn't important to me. I'm getting one, cutting it in half, spacing it, and using it as a diff guard.

THanks

can you post some pictures when you're done? or can you link some photos of some that you've seen made? i'm interested.

I saw it on a website but I can't seem to find it. Basically you cut it in half horizontally and then weld nuts to the backside as spacers to space the cover out 1/8" so it fits snug. New longer bolts and that's it. It's not bulletproof but will take some good hits and save your stock cover.

They will all fit,but the fill hole height changes based on the model.

I know the D35 fill hole is different depending on c-clip or non-clip, as the c-clip fill level is higher to lube the outer wheel bearings. The non-clip has grease packed wheel bearings and the fill level is lower. This is why its a bad idea to grab an older metal plug cover to replace the newer rubber butt-plug cover.

I wasn't aware that the D30 had differing hole locations. Were you thinking D35, or is there some reason it changed on the D30?

I also wouldnt waste one second of time on this idea.But a real cover(not even a skid),the D30 needs all the help it can get!

Back