• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need to fix this quick

kenny schmitt

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 99xj that I had swapped t-cases. Durring the swap I tugged on the harness a little b/c I never disconected it. Ooooops!!! So now I am throwing two codes. O2 sensor and speedo sensor. I must have pulled too hard oN the wires. So I don't care about the speedo but I think the o2 sensor is making my truck stall when I coast in N then it starts right back up while I'm driving. So I need to fix this quick and I have to drive a few hours away on Sunday. If I don't get it fixed and I do the drive what should I expect? And what would be the most efficient way to fix this

Have you tried unplugging and replugging the connectors?

Check the wiring and see if it got against the exhaust and melted.

Fix the speedo. The engine computer uses it to guess when you're coasting and cuts the fuel. If its not working, it can cause stumbling or stalling. The rear o2 sensor shouldn't cause anything but a check engine light.

Back