• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ZJ tank skid on 97+ XJ

chpmnsws6

NAXJA Forum User
My search didn't bring much up (too much actually)

I remember seeing someone talking about a ZJ skid, but was wondering what it'd take to make it work with the 97+ xj?

I am pretty sure it wont, I know hitches between the two are not interchangable, but never actually tried a skid.

A few months after purchasing the '98 XJ (Oct '97); I purchased what the dealer said was a Cherokee gas tank skid plate, but Rich P. and someone I met on the trail are the only two people that have one that looks like mine...
It has small runners on either side towards the back... and a few other minor differences that appear to be there for drainage....
Comparing it to a gas tank skid mounted on a Grand Cherokee; they look almost identical....
Will try to post a picture later today....

you may need to drill your own holes (2-3 of them work) and if you have a hitch you may need to modify that portion of the skid (I cut and bent right around my reciever

been there done that. you will need to drill/elongate holes to get it to line up. i didn't have to do any other modifications than that, even with a hitch installed. it was a Curt hitch to be exact.

well im now trying to install a ZJ gas tank skid and it looks way too big not to mention i dont think it will work with my hitch, so how did you make it work??? what did you do??? and do you have any picts???

Back