• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My bumper build.

93RoughXj

NAXJA Forum User
I've been a member here for a few months but haven't posted much at all. Figured I'd share my bumper build, if this is in the wrong section sorry :looney:. I don't have many pictures but here it is.

The jeep was in a front end collision by previous owners and the frame was tweaked. So I boxed in the front to get a square area to mount my bumper
IMG_0277-1.jpg

IMG_0283-1.jpg

IMG_0284-1.jpg

Once frame was boxed in I build my mounts
IMG_0287-1.jpg

IMG_0288-1.jpg

I used a 6' section of 2x4 square tubing for the main section of bumper
IMG_0292-1.jpg

I cut triangular sections out and bent the tube
IMG_0297-1.jpg

IMG_0301-1.jpg

IMG_0299-1.jpg

More pics uploading...

not bad! at first i was thinking "oh no, another 2x4 tube bumper build" but it came out nice!

thanks for posting

G

The jeep was in a front end collision by previous owners and the frame was tweaked. So I boxed in the front to get a square area to mount my bumper
IMG_0284-1.jpg

Hey! That's what the guy on Trucks! shoulda done, instead of that $10,000 frame puller!

:D

Robert

Yours start off kind of like mine.The frame pulling Trucks show well That is why I welded mine on all parts like yours because of the wrinkled framerail on one side.Yours came out better then mine.Looking good!
DSC00367.jpg

Back