• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

cruise control prob !

papampi

NAXJA Forum User
hi guys I recently have gotten a 91 xj limited for my wife ! i had some problems with the cruise control ( it does not engage) so i checked out and repair the vacuum canister ( it was brooken) and vacuum lines and it still doesnt work so i did a self test ( with the ignition key on/off thing) there were no error code for cruise control so !
I thougth may be i dont know how to work with the key on turn switch as its cleared out !so there are 2 keys one a push button at the end and the other slide key ! can any one tell me what do they do ?

Last edited:
the cruise system varies by year and motor.
Please provide the model year of your XJ and specifics about drivetrain.
Also, specifics about the problem would be helpful. Does the cruise not engage at all? Does it engage but then steadily speed up or slow down?

87manche said:
the cruise system varies by year and motor.
Please provide the model year of your XJ and specifics about drivetrain.
Also, specifics about the problem would be helpful. Does the cruise not engage at all? Does it engage but then steadily speed up or slow down?
its a 91 limited xj ! as i said please let me know what does the keys on the turn switch do ( mine are cleared out) ! may be i dont know how to work with the cruise control keys !!!!

push button engages cruiseand when engaged it is the coast. Slide switch truns it on one click towards the stearing collum. another push toward the stearing collum will excelerate when engaged and after disengaged will resume the last set speed.

First... Easy with the exclamation points. Yelling doesn't go over well.

Second... The button on the end is the Set/Coast button while the slide switch is the Off/On/Resume-Accel switch.

To operate the cruise, slide the switch to ON then press the Set button while you are at your desired speed.

See an example here.
http://www.1aauto.com/scripts/view_full_image.php?description_id=294698

menos said:
First... Easy with the exclamation points. Yelling doesn't go over well.

Second... The button on the end is the Set/Coast button while the slide switch is the Off/On/Resume-Accel switch.

To operate the cruise, slide the switch to ON then press the Set button while you are at your desired speed.

See an example here.
http://www.1aauto.com/scripts/view_full_image.php?description_id=294698
thanks man ! it was not yellin ! its a bad habit !!!! sorry for misstypin!

Back