• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

what should i do?

jeepnleo

NAXJA Forum User
Ok so what should I do or what would you do?

Ok so my jeep is having issues running.

My fuel pressure is 11psi to low. I am pretty sure its my fuel pump.
I dented my tank and I am sure it messed up the pump.

I also had to replace my CPS.

So for a new tank and pump I will spend about 360 in parts.

If I replace the injectors I am in for another 360.

So total in parts to fix whole fuel system about 720.

I don't have 720 rolling around, nor do I have the time to fix this at least till december, since I am going on a short 2 month deployment in october.

So here is what is running through my mind.

Part out jeep.

Sliders
Lift
Wheels and tires
Partially finished front bumper
Then all stock stuff.

Or sell jeep as is

Or wait till about jan time frame and start the process to fix everything, sinking more money in hopes to get the xj going. Then I will have a good running xj for a while.

Or fix the jeep, then sell it.

I never honestly though that an xj would be my offroading rig. I am more into wranglers and at one point in time I plan to have a wrangler again.

I do like my xj and i really dotn want to get rid of it unless i had a wrangler waiting.

is it a daily driver? or a second rig?

a tank/pump will run you well less then $50 and a local J/Y

or.. i'll take the sliders lol

2nd rig that i randomly drive daily but i have a true daily driver.

i have thought of doing the junk yard thing. for the tank and pump.

then if i have to just get a new pump.

just wanting suggestions

$85? jeez im pretty sure a tank down here would run like $40 any other yards in your area?

i think i will look into doing the junk yard thing when i get back from my deployment. then i can fix it on the cheap.

put it up for sale and not budge on the price till its sold and use it for my pleasure until then

If it were mine I would put a post up in the wanted section, I would be surprised if someone didn't have a tank and pump hanging around that they wouldn't sell for cheap.

2nd choice would be to go to the pick a parts and find both parts cheap.

What is wrong with the injectors? Are you not sure if it is the pump or the injectors? If so, I believe you can test each injector individually?

Michael

on a side note. if you ever find yourself in portland.. give me a heads up. i can get you a tank/pump/injectors out of the parts rig for super cheap.

Give George and Diana a call. They have Stellar prices on all of their stuff. Gas tanks arent something they sell a ton of, so I am sure they have many of them around. Actually, I Know they have a lot, you may just have to pull it yourself.
George the Jeep-253-631-4390

Back