• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

93 to 98 engine swap- temp sensor location

wild1joker

NAXJA Forum User
some one must have run into this problem. I just put in a 98 engine. on my 93 the temp sending unit is on the drivers side rear of the head at top. There is no place to put the sending unit on the 98 engine. Any ideas where to put it ? Thank you !!!

If I'm not mistaken they moved the sender up to the tstat housing for 97+.

There is a small flat spot on the front of the tstat housing next to the center bolt that is just big enough to drill and tap for the sender. You'll need an NPT tap from the plumbing aisle--take the sender to the hardware store with you.

There is a small flat spot on the front of the tstat housing next to the center bolt that is just big enough to drill and tap for the sender. You'll need an NPT tap from the plumbing aisle--take the sender to the hardware store with you.

rockauto.com:

DORMAN Part # 902306
MoreInfo.gif
{OE Solutions #53006192}* Non-stock item--shipping delayed up to 2 business days
getimage.php

$8.48

Might be cheaper than buying a tap.

Back