• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Found this in the driveway...is it from the Jeep??

EMSJEEP

NAXJA Forum User
partindriveway.JPG

Anyone have any idea where this came from? I lifted it up to take a look at a leaky tire and found this on the ground?
If its from me its a 2001...

partindriveway.JPG

Anyone have any idea where this came from? I lifted it up to take a look at a leaky tire and found this on the ground?
If its from me its a 2001...

no chance-- Jeeps will never pay you back..... oh the other thing--

doesn't look like anything I've seen on any of the ones I've played with ('course I haven't seen any of those round things with the birdie on them in a while either)

Almost looks like the metal bracket for the tracbar that has a nut welded on it. But I don't see a nut nor any indication that one was welded on to it. Have you recently done any work to the jeep at all to give us an idea of what area it could have possibly come from?

I'm not sure what the exact part name is, but the piece in the photo is the left mounting bracket to lower section of the grounding system for your flux capacitor. Without that, you may have some CPS issues, too.

Almost looks like the metal bracket for the tracbar that has a nut welded on it. But I don't see a nut nor any indication that one was welded on to it. Have you recently done any work to the jeep at all to give us an idea of what area it could have possibly come from?

I'm with Dave. Part of the keeper for the trac-bar nut.

:anon:

It looks sorta like the trackbar nut plate but not exactly. Mine doesnt have the second little hole in it.
Its hard to tell but what is that piece made of? Kind of looks like plastic on my screen.
Sorry, cant tell you what it is, but I can tell you I think its not.

It is metal...
Did some work on the brakes recently, adjusted the rears and did rotors and pads on a Vanco setup up front, but not in the driveway.
I'm pretty sure that I bent the sway bar brackets on the axel tube...othe rthan that I can't think of any recent work or trauma...

Now that I'm thinking about it...it sorta looks like the catch for the spool on the winch of a boat trailer...

Ohhhh....Showgirls is on....

I don't recognize it as any stock part on an XJ. I've pretty much been all over my 2000 and that part doesn't look like anything. Its not the track bar nut as that looks different. Could be an aftermarket part.

that's pretty small, so I'd ignore it, using the "if it's smaller than my hand the Jeep will do fine without it" rule :D

seriously though... never seen a part like that on a Jeep. Will keep my eye out just in case.

I'm pretty sure that's a quarter. Chances are it fell out of your pocket. :D

Back