• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

96 XJ Country Plugs and wires

From my experience the Jeep 4.0 doesn't care what you use. For longevity purposes I buy the the premium grade wires at whatever parts store I got to, same with the cap and rotor. I use champion truck plugs.

The 4.0 doesn't require anything special.

I would stay away from low end secondary ignition parts though as the middle grade stuff (I use Napa stuff) isn't that much more money and is well worth it.

Plain old Champion spark plugs will work fine and normally give you a solid 30k of life.

Thanks, that's good to hear. I know some Chrysler engines, i.e. the 3.5 HO in my 02 300M Special are picky and only respond well to the OEM NGK's. I went with Autolite Platinums and Autolite Wires. Got the standard grade rotor button, and a decent air filter. I'm waiting on a fuel filter til I can get a Factory Service Manual.

I would order the accell tune up kit on quadratec.com Under 75$ I believe.

I use napa gold wires and champion truck plugs, cheap and seems to be highly recommended so it works for me.

Most engines do not benefit from racing-quality wires/cap/rotor/coil/ignition modules.

Buy mid-quality components and change them every two years.

My .02 worth.

Back