• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

1 tire straight 1 tire 1/4 outwards

redneckstylin

NAXJA Forum User
went wheeling hit some thick clay steering is fubard 1 tire straight other points out .....................

now my trac bar is rubi express the bushing has play and heim has play could that cause this

draglink is off a zj looks good
tierods look good running 1/2 ton dodgers with custom dom tube

but when i turn my steering opposite happens other tire straight and other points out

any opinions would be great

nobody has any input:wierd:

well loosen adjuster nut, adjust the tie rod end so it is right again, re tighten adjuster lock nuts when it is right..

ok i looked at everything
it all looks good except pass side tierod on zj drag link boot is screwed
tire still points out

do you just look at it or did you give it a good shake down. Lift the front off the ground (both sides at once) and check it over good. Was anything loose?

now my trac bar is rubi express the bushing has play and heim has play could that cause this

it will not cause one tire to be off like that. it centers the axle under the jeep. It can cause death wobble though. The looseness is not good though.

draglink is off a zj looks good
tierods look good running 1/2 ton dodgers with custom dom tube

but when i turn my steering opposite happens other tire straight and other points out

sounds like you could have pulled a tie rod end out of the threaded piece in the dom tubing.

pics of your steering set up would help though as asked for in the second post otherwise we are all just speculating

Back