• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Allignment after coil spacers necessary?

jbcherokee

NAXJA Forum User
I finished my RE 4.5" superflex lift around a month ago and the back is still noticably higher than the front and I want to level my jeep out by adding some coil spacers. I only need 3/4"-1" spacers which will be a cheap way to level the jeep. My question is am I going to need to reallign my jeep after I do this? I just spent a good deal of money geting it all aligned after my lift only a few weeks ago and I don't feel like another bill from the shop.

So to make the long story short: will I need an alligment after adding coil spacers to my lifted jeep?

(Jeep is a 1999 sport 2d with 5spd manual, dana 30 up front chrylser 8.25 rear on 32inch bft all terrians)

The toe-in shouldn't really change at all. You will need to align your steering wheel though as well as check your caster angle and adjust if it is too far out of spec. No camber adjustment to mess with on the XJ's, however!

Back