• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

DW With hydro assist???

Gunner

NAXJA Forum User
Long story short. Had it got rid of it. Added Hydro Assist. Got new beadlocks, flipped the tires around to use the "good" sidewall. Rotated back to front. I'm thinking I have a broken belt in the tire or something, nothing changed but the beadlocks and putting the rear tires up front.. It won't actually DW because of the hydro, but it's trying real hard to do it. I'm putting the rear tires back on the front, tomorrow I jacked myself in the face with a crow bar dismounting the inner bead. So here's the only things changed.

1) new beadlocks with 3.25 backspace vs. 3.75
2) rear tires on the front

ideas?

bushings in control arms/ trackbar?

All new, tight, checked and double checked. I drove this thing 60 mph parked it, put on the new rims, switched the tires around ect. The front axle is a recently swapped D44 all new stuff.

check the tires. Balance, belts or what ever. Maybe us BB's for weights. not sure, but my wifes stock XJ had horrible DW from tires messed up. My recent woble however was from the front pinion angel being way off.

I have messed with the toe, anywhere from 1/16 to 1/4. I swtiched the tires around last night. So I'm trying again today. I just hope its a bad tire. I checked and rechecked all the bushings, all are good and tight, the tire is centered on the beadlock, as I have battled DW in the past been through all of this before. Just blows my mind that it just showed up out of the blue after 2 years of being DW free.

You changed the frequency of the front suspension by adding the extra weight of beadlocks. Shimmies and wobbles are to be expected with modified XJs.. ignore it.

I would ignore it if I could see straight while it was happening.

Anyway, it was a bad tire. Had 'er doin 60 with 38's on beadlocks. Normal tire issues, no DW. Thanks for all the advice/info.

Now its time to take it out and beat the crap out of the pretty new beadlocks, and see if I can make the DW come back...

Back