• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

stock track bar

xjryan22

NAXJA Forum User
i am putting a 4.5 inch lift on my 89 cherokee and wasnt sure if i needed to replace the stock track bar but if i do then no problem but will a new oem track bar do just fine or will i need an aftermarket?

You will need to drill a new track bar mounting hole on the axle side to use a stock track bar, because with a lift, your stock track bar is now too short. If you purchase an adjustable aftermarket track bar, it will be longer and you can use the original hole.

Last edited:
yanno im at 4.5" of lift with my stock track bar, and all i did was buy the skyjacker track bar relocation bracket, it was really straight forward on the install, i had to drill a hole to keep it steady, but other than that its done me alright. im not going to say its the best option but for 36 dollars i think it was, it's getting me by just fine for now until i install my adjustable track bar... i say if your in a pinch this bracket should work. but if you want to do it right, get an adjust. track bar.

i dont think i would trust it on any rough rock crawling, but for street use and light trail use it should be fine, just make sure its bolted down snug and checked ever so often to make sure its still tight.

Back