• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

13 mpg

make sure it have any sort of recent of a good tune-up and no dragging brakes and tire is properly inflated and no unnecessary weight being carried around in the jeep

Is it a carburator, or Fuel injection? Does it have an O2 sensor?

Poor igntion from old spark plugs, plug wires, rotor and cap?

If carbureted, check the float level and needle seat in the fuel bowl. If fuel injected, you likely have the vacuum fuel pressure relief valve. When that goes bad, it lets the injectors run way rich. Do you have problems keeping your spark plugs from fouling? Does your motor still have good compression? Wore out motor won't get much out of the gas.

Need more info, unless you want us to just through things out till one sticks. Do you have a lift? Are your tires stock size or larger? What is your gearing?
If you really searched on MPG issues and XJ's, it would take you weeks to read all the posts.

air filter? everything else I usually check has already been covered.

Its carbuerated. Needs a new 02 sensor so I ll replace that.It has good compression and doesnt foul plugs at all. BTW it has new plugs, wires and cap. Tires are inflated and no dragging brakes and there is no extra weight in the jeep besides me I m 340 lbs lol. Also will check float and needle. I get back to yall thanks fopr the speedy replies much appreciated

Its carbuerated. Needs a new 02 sensor so I ll replace that.It has good compression and doesnt foul plugs at all. BTW it has new plugs, wires and cap. Tires are inflated and no dragging brakes and there is no extra weight in the jeep besides me I m 340 lbs lol. Also will check float and needle. I get back to yall thanks fopr the speedy replies much appreciated

What color are the plugs? Running rich or lean. it the MPG change, all of the sudden? O2 sensor may be the cause, change that, see what happens. What is condition of the CAT?

Back