• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Windrock Sept 7

Team Willys

www.rocksolidfab.com
Hey guys, I got my Jeep all fixed up as well as a clutch put in on the jeep I had been working on (a customer) and also got it delivered. So im gonna hit up Windrock tomorrow. Doug (shortxjdoug) will be joining me. We plan on meeting in the parking lot at 9 AM Eastern. If you wan to tag along, feel free to do so. We will be on channel 7.

Also, my phone number is (423)-six one nine-4085. Feel free to give me a shout if you do come and want to meet up with us.

Thanks for the advance notice. I've got to search out motor mounts so you guys have fun.

What did you do to your clutch? 38" Swampers?

Not my clutch... mine is just fine.

The YJ that I put the stroker in was having bad shifting issues with his trans, so I put in a new master cyl, slave cyl, and a new clutch, and got him all taken care of.

Cool. I thought everything was running great for you.

Yep. Sure was. Just spit a u-joint cap last night on my way back to camp I guess... The trunnion still had greas on it, and it wasn't even marked up... so it hadn't been driven on long at all.

My junk is not ready, but good luck and if anyone needs anything (parts, recovery help, etc) give me a call. Doug has my number.

If you want to come by when you get off the trail give me a call and you can help me finish up the frame stiffeners and install my drop brackets and braces.

Good wheelin'.

Re: Windrock Sept 7- Look what Doug did!

Time for some boat sides and a new pass side B-pillar!

This happened at the V-notch at the end of trail 3...

0907091148a.jpg

is it just me... or is there gonna be another "bumble bee" in the future? i hope not... that wood'd waggy is too cool!

... "the woodchuck" -found in open woods and ravines throughout most of the NE United States.

Oops, maybe thats why its having a hard time surviving, its not in its natural habitat up in the NE region.

I dont know...

I hope no Bumble bee, I want the woody waggy to live on, although I never understood how you could have a woody and a waggy at the same time :dunno:.

I think tubular boatsides would be sick! Then he could chop the bottoms out of the doors but retain them. I think that it the bent section of floor/rocker was cut out, then the b pillar might be salvageable, but only if he doesn't keep bashing that section time after time.

Oh yeah, its gonna need a motor sooner rather than later now too. The bottom end noise keeps getting worse, I would suspect a few spun rod bearings. :hang:

Uh-Oh. This can't be good.

Re: Windrock Sept 7- Look what Doug did!

Time for some boat sides and a new pass side B-pillar!

This happened at the V-notch at the end of trail 3...

0907091148a.jpg
ouch! thats why i added a lower bar to my cage from a piller hoop to the b piller hoop. to keep the floor from caving in that far. still didnt stop it from being flattened under the door. therefore i cut all that out and threw the 2x4 in there and just recently bent up some tube to through on there.

but i agree boatsides would be sweet... just wouldnt retain much of the "stockish" look.

ill cut into the floor almost to the frame, tubular boatsides, and then may be able to fabricate or save and tie the pillar in... we'll see, regardless i cant go wheeling until it gets a motor in it, ill just order up a few sticks of tube and see what happens it should be neat

..... but i made it up thats all that matters right?

you might be able to put a highlift and some wood between the top and bottom and jack it back apart to fix the pillar... not sure how well it would work but you will need to pull that frame back down to fix it...

some boat sides wouldnt take away from the woody, and keep it from happening again... but i would try and get the body worked back out... it will take some time and sweat but it would be worth it to keep it in tact

you might be able to put a highlift and some wood between the top and bottom and jack it back apart to fix the pillar... not sure how well it would work but you will need to pull that frame back down to fix it...

some boat sides wouldnt take away from the woody, and keep it from happening again... but i would try and get the body worked back out... it will take some time and sweat but it would be worth it to keep it in tact

normally i would try to straighten it but it buckled the floor IN towards the frame as well, ill keep the full body and the fenders and the footwells, itll still be the waggy itll just be improved, plus high clearance boatsides seem to cater to my style of btibg off more than i can chew

prolly end up looking something like opies with less footwell cutting and more skinning interior and out to keep out the elements
p3120039.jpg

Back