• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

anothr D.W. thread

userbmx1315

NAXJA Forum User
my buddy just got a 96 xj with a 3" lift that has a bad D.W. hes has replaced both unit bearings an alignment and tires ballanced, what else would cause it? he has a new stabilizer and a rustys tie rod

Bad steering joints, bad control arm bushings, bad trackbar end. check everything. then search. this has been discussed 8 million times.

i kno its been covered. everything seems good, just wondering if there was something i missed

check the alignment, all my xj's and mj's(and my fsj), were all really sensitive about toe-in. get it as close to 1/8" toed-in as you can, that seems to be the "sweet spot".

what was your caster measurement? techs skip over it, and even if its not adjustable, you need to know what it is, a common dw problem is a lack of caster, as you lift the xj you can lose caster.

Back