• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

running on 2 Bolts in mount. Safe?

solomon7

NAXJA Forum User
Snapped all3 bolts off on the passenger siede motor mount bracket.
Got the 2 lower ones out, but can't get the upper. How safe am I running street like this, maybe a bumpy road or 2?

I REALLY need to know before I make the 40 mile drive to work tomorrow.
Thanks sooo much to all for all your help!

Gonna get a ratchet strap under the motor after work tomorrow just for piece of mind I think. Now just gotta decide on a BD or MORE bracket. the more holes the better at this point:eyes:!

Actually it's really between the MORE and T&J now due to more mounting points. I am probably going to go with T&J because it looks like the other side bracket will clear headers later. Only diff between the 2 that I can see is an additional plate over the pin area and slightly different mounting points, but the T&J appears to have 1 more on the pas side than the MORE; the MORE has one more on the driver's side than the T&J. Wish I could afford to mix 'n' match lol! Still gotta drive the thing all week till the brackets come though. Should I ratchet strap or do ya'll think it's okay as is for a week.
Was going to the coast for Labor Day. i think that's out unless ya think it'd be cool with just 2?????

if you can easily ratchet strap it, go for it-can't hurt. but if you're nice to it, i don't think it's necessary. any of the multi-hole mount brackets are total overkill, go with whatever makes you happy. i doubt if you'd ever harm any of them.

It's not every day you get a chance to slowly make a Forest service XJ truly trail ready, and I'm in with this thing for the long haul.When the motor goes, a balanced blued one, tranny, rebuild etc.
Unless the body gets destroyed, I plan to have this into my 40s I hope. Overkill is Ideal! I'm thinking more and more long term with this rig than any other I've had.
XJs rule (even if they creak and moan all the way down the trail)
Thanks for the help!

Last edited:
Back