• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

This is bad...i want to buy something for my XJ!!!

DrRandy

NAXJA Forum User
I'm bored, what can i buy for my jeep, already got a 3 core Radiator....guess i need to TURN OFF THE PC!!

Cup holders are always a list topper.

I have them.....and they SUX! There not deep enough, my beer always spills! Kidding...they do suck though

I'm close to ordering an Aussie for my D30. Thoughts??

Tires. 2 more to be exact are on my list.

Got them front and rear, love 'em. Best bang for the buck.

Yea...I've been reading about em all night...might just do it!! I'm reading about the RE hack-n-tap now. Should i do that first? 4.5" lift, 91, NP231. VERY minor vibs under load @ 30-35MPH. The vibs really only started when i installed a new Daystar poly Trans mount about 2 weeks ago. Guess i could get rid of that but i plan to go more than 4.5" sometime. So an SYE is needed sometime.

Yea...I've been reading about em all night...might just do it!! I'm reading about the RE hack-n-tap now. Should i do that first? 4.5" lift, 91, NP231. VERY minor vibs under load @ 30-35MPH. The vibs really only started when i installed a new Daystar poly Trans mount about 2 weeks ago. Guess i could get rid of that but i plan to go more than 4.5" sometime. So an SYE is needed sometime.

Of the 5 XJ's I own 3 of them have SYE's, even one of my stockers. This is the best upgrade to a XJ and should have come from the factory with it, that and some cup holders.

If you're bored...come over and put my rear brakes back together, hook up the trac bar, I'll be getting some Ubolts tomorrow, so you can install the rear axle this weekend! You going to Barber this weekend? I may try to get into the parade lap......:D

lol. I"d like to see a pic!

Ok, here ya go! I made these with (2) of the Advance Auto brand cup holders, a piece of 1/4" thick poplar project wood cut to the size of the vent(6"x2" roughly) (you can buy this project wood at LOWES) and (2) toggle bolts like what is used in drywall (you push them in and the wings pop out and then you tighten them). The cup holders are mounted to the wood with some short 10-32 screws and then the whole thing was painted and mounted to the vent. It works great even during hard wheelin'. The only draw back is that the vent is blocked but you have 3 other vents and I have found that the rear seat vent gets more air with the center vent closed off. This is my trial rig but I have the same or similar set-ups in all of the XJ's

P1020153.jpg

P1020154.jpg

Nice sup holder setup. Fortunately the 2000 has them. The 95...well we use the inbetweentheleg method.

Have you thought about a trans cooler? Fairly inexpensive mod that is a safe bet i think. I'll get one soon.

Last edited:
I'm close to ordering an Aussie for my D30. Thoughts??

If you catch me on the right payday Id be game in ordering one at the same time. Have another wrenching party at Andys for our rigs! lol :cheers:
P.S. Andy, you have 2 weeks to get your rig back on the road... :moon:

I would do the SYE first. Something about my TC cracking on the highway makes me a strong advocate for proper pinion angles :)

Back