• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

fuel cell....lost in the sauce

wishihad1

NAXJA Forum User
hey everybody

well im making a step more into rocks this summer. with that comes much more prep. in my cherokee build, i honestly really skimped on any armor, or protection. and with locked 38s i could see myself getting into a spot where things get a little hairy.

i started looking into gas tank skids, which are around 250. for that same price i can get a 15 gallon fuel cell from jegs with a sending unit.

which eliminates the need for the skid, and if i ever stretch the rear ill be ahead of the game.

im planning on running this cell.
http://www.jegs.com/webapp/wcs/stor...tId=749961&itemId=73000&langId=-1&showValue=1

if you look closely it looks like there are 2 outlet holes which sit below the cell. i like that because i can cut a small hole in the rear floor and keep all the gas lines ran in the stock location.

so what would it take for me to put that cell in the rear, and hook up fuel lines to the stock pump?

i have pretty much the same fuel cell in my comanche. i used a stock xj fuel pump mounted externally and so far its been working fine for the last 8 months or so. most people who put in a fuel cell install a ford e2000 fuel pump or other aftermarket pumps and regulators. heres some pics of my setup.
100_0425.jpg
100_0424.jpg
100_0423.jpg

i run a modified aftermarket sending unit

DSC03798.jpg

Back