• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

quick pic request, 2.5 with A/C

Jeff in VA

<---respect
Anyone here with an older (pre-91) XJ/MJ with 2.5 and A/C that can post a pic or two of the compressor/alternator area for me to reference?

I'm in the process of rigging up OBA on my MJ, which is non-AC. I've got all the parts and pieces but can't make my alternator play happy with the different bracket. I'd like to see if there's a different type of bracket I need but can't find any older 2.5's in the junkyard to reference. I know a later model alternator would fit (the housing is different than mine but is a direct fit on the bracket), but 91+ alt's are single-wire externally regulated, and my 87 is 3 wire internal....not something I want to mess with trying to adapt:nono:

Thanks,
Jeff

I have an 86 XJ with factory AC. I will try to get a pic of the alternator bracket and compressor mounting up sometime tomorrow. Do you need belt routing as well because the factory AC run serpintine.

1020061304a.jpg
1020061304.jpg

1020061303.jpg
1020061302a.jpg

1020061302.jpg

Hope this helps. Let me know if you need a different area or better pics.

Back