• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Plastic clutch hydaulic line

RangerRick

NAXJA Forum User
My 91XJ's tubing between the master and the internal slave cylinder is plastic and has a hole in it right at a bend in the middle of the line. I'm unable to find a replacement at the local junk yards, there isn't a replacement available at parts stores and dealers no longer stock the line.
The master end of the line has a metal fitting that seals with an "O" ring with a 90 degree bend close to it and is held in place with a drift pin.
The slave end has a 180 degree turn and a fat plastic thing with female fitting.
This line came only on 91 & 92 XJs.
Any ideas on a fix, replacing the whole line, or replacing part of the line would be helpful

Hit your local hydraulic shop and see if they can make a SS line for you.

I'm not entirely sure if I am seeing what you're talking about, but I just checked my 91 parts catalog (see figure 6-600, page 131 if you have a PDF) and it looks like it's:
MOPAR 4636 858 (2.5L 4cyl 91-92)
MOPAR 4728 758 (2.5L 4cyl 93 RHD)
MOPAR 4636 859 (4.0L I6 91-92)
MOPAR 4728 759 (4.0L I6 93)

You probably need 4636 859 if I am correct. It looks like tapcointernational.com has it, but check your favorite aftermarket/surplus MOPAR sites.

Back