• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Coil Spacer Question

cj11

NAXJA Forum User
:wow:May be stupid question but want to make sure before I put them in. I know with shackels you get 1/2 the additional length you add. If I make the spacers out of 3/4 inch material I will get 3/4inches of lift.

Made the spacers and I wish I knew that under the rubber bushing that it got bigger then the bottom portion turned into a pain in the a**. If any one else tries this 2 3/4 inch hole in the center. Should have done more research.
:flamemad:

The lip is to keep the inside of the end of the coil spring from grinding on the bumpstop tower. You probably don't want to cut it off...

Good info to have on the diameter! I may have to make custom spacers for the front of my lift when I get around to installing it, as the actual lift you get from V8 ZJ coils is somewhat of a crapshoot.

You will want to Make the hole a little bigger then 2 3/4 I made the spacers form 1/4 Plastic sheets similar to a cutting board.
I used a 4 in holesaw but would have been better with a little bigger I made 4 spacers for each side

1. top spacer measured 4in w/ 2 3/4 center hole
2. next 4in w/ 2 1/2 hole
3. then 4in w/ 2 1/4 hole
4. again 4in w/ 2 1/4 hole (could have made it 2 1/8
5. I put a cut into each spacer so It could be twisted around the the tower
To install I used spring compressers to pull the spring down enough when jacked from the bumper It gave me about 4 inches above the isolater to slip the spacers in then I used a propane torch to fuse the discs togather. I ended up using 3 discs pulled 1 out per side so it would be level but will slip 1 or 2 in when when i put my MJ shackle in.

Very easy about 45 min to put in about an hour to make the spacers and cheap to if you want to level you XJ out due to heavy bumpers or other stuff will post pics of the spacers later today.

Back