• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

cel's came back

stoneyva21

NAXJA Forum User
so three weeks ago i sunk the xj in a puddle(ok i'am gonna call it a small lake), got her dried out and changed all the fluids. she throw two engine codes which told me my tps was dead. replaced the tps and they went away. so while heading home from work yesterday my cel back came on. jeep was running fine when codes cames up. drives just like normal, shifts where is should, gas mileage is right, everything seems fine motor tranny wise.

went to auto zone and pulled the codes heres what came up

Po122 tps low voltage(kinda funny cause i just replaced it)

P1294 air fuel metering

the tps is brand spankin new less then a week old. could something else be wrong with it? should i check the harness?

the air fuel metering, is latin to me not sure what the hell thats means.

she isn't starting like normal in the morning after the codes came up. gotta give her alot of gas to get it to turn over.

any ideas guys?

i know i need to replace a few vac lines(ends are rotting out), but besides that i cant see or feel anything funny going on.

yes i searched for both codes and results already

Check you connections in the engine compartment. Pull them apart, spray electrical contact cleaner in them, then use a little dielectric grease when you put them back together--do ALL of them.

One or more connector has moisture in it and it will be adversely effected by different temps/humidity.

Back