• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Full size Dodge upper control arms...

JRW7072009

NAXJA Forum User
Just for conversation I have been told by a old co-worker that the upper control arms from a newer Dodge 2500 work good for lower control arms on XJs and TJs with 2-3" of lift. At work I lifted a Dodge and I started to talk about it with the other guys at work but none of us had really done or seen anyone doing it. Any one heard of this or have done this?

I have a set but am working on a LA kit for my XJ or else I would try it out. They appear to be about 2-3" longer the stock lowers and would probably work nice for around 3" coil or a 2-3" spacer. I searched but did not find any info.

That sounds good for length,whats the width and bolt diameter?

16.5 is about correct length for a 4.5 lift.lca control arm pockets 2 5/8.may need a couple of washers..bolt size should work. are the arms beefy or what..sounds like your on to something for the budget crowd.

16.5 is about correct length for a 4.5 lift.lca control arm pockets 2 5/8.may need a couple of washers..bolt size should work. are the arms beefy or what..sounds like your on to something for the budget crowd.

Thats what I am going for, to give the budget guys another option they are stronger looking then the stock Jeep CAs. Here is a link in my Pirate profile. I just need to find out the exact years there off.
http://pirate4x4.com/forum/album.php?albumid=538&pictureid=5151

Last edited:
i have a 95 ram 2500 318 4wd in the shop right now

eye to eye thay are 17 1/8" with a bout a 2 3/8" bushing width. 1/2" bolt though

sounds like different models came with different control arms

i have a set of uca's on my jeep from a 05/06 dodge ram 2500. they are boxed, use the same size bolt, and can be spaced to the inside for tire clearance. bought them from a kid who put a 4" lift on his truck, and have had absolutely no problems with them. damn near perfect length for 3-4.5" lift. can post pics if anyone wants to see them on the truck.

29743780026_medium.jpg

29743780024_medium.jpg

29743780029_medium.jpg

the last one is harder to see, but they are on there and work great.

Back