• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

loss of engin power

Tracy92

NAXJA Forum User
My jeep is a 92 XJ 4.0L ,5 speed.

The jeep usually acts up when I'm going through some heavy mud, or hard rock crawling. If I keep the rpm up, it's usually fine, but if I get stuck or stop half way, trying to get going again is almost impossible.

I'll let the clutch out and give it some throttle trying to climb out of something and the motor rpm drops, total loss of power. It sounds like it's misfiring or something. I push the clutch in and the motor idles fine. I installed factory gauge cluster with the proper sensors for that cluster to see if it was heating up but it's not.

It doesn't do this all the time, just when you really work it hard, and sometimes it wont act up at all.

I checked the code with the key on off 3 times and it tells me it's a code 24 TPS . I changed the tps 3 times before and it still does the same thing, and gives you the same code?

Back