• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Steering Feels Different

Cherokeekid88

NAXJA Forum User
So I did a home alignment a few months ago, and it wasn't perfect but good enough, well my steering wheel was not centered and hadn't been for a little while, not too bad though. So yesterday I took the time to align the jeep again and adjust the draglink so that the steering wheel is now straight. I got everything perfect and took it for a drive this morning to class and the steering felt more loose than it did before. It tracked straight, but it almost feels like I am experiencing a little bumpsteer. it handles pretty well, but it almost feels like the draglink isn't even connected when I turn, because it just turns so smooth and easy.....Maybe it's just because my steering wheel was not centered before and didn't have a perfect alignment on it..but I'm not really sure what is going on here. I just adjusted the tie rod in a little more to as my jeep was tracking towards the left and then adjusted the draglink.

I drive it back home today today and the steering feels pretty good, I am just worried of the vast difference from one day to the next, just buy adjusting the tie rod and draglink.
But I am going to do a tape measure alignment tomorrow just to double check.

Back