• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

No Spark

NVRwheels

NAXJA Forum User
I was wheelin with some buddys today and five minutes after i got on the trail my Jeep died and wouldn't restart. I was going around a turn and kicked the rear end out a little and once the rpms settled it just died. I'm currently not gettin any spark. Plugs and wires have a 1,000 miles on them and the cap looks great. I cranks and cranks and get so close to starting but doesn't.

Does this sound like CPS? I'm gonna test it tomorrow, oh and its gettin fuel.

thanks,
Jake

Definitely first thing to do is to test the crankshaft position sensor. An "extremely" common failure on the 4.0

With a bad crank sensor, you may have fuel to the schrader valve on the fuel rail, but you won't get fuel delivered to the injectors.

good luck with it when my jeep died on side of the road it ended up being the computer was fried.

OK first off....Alot of us do not know you or what you drive, so specs on what you drive would be very helpful....i.e. year/motor would be a great start and any other info you might feel is relevant, do not forget the color that is so important to.:jester::jester::jester::jester:

It does sound like the cps. Unplug it and plug it in a few times. That will usually make a better/cleaner contact. Just because I have seen this happen--make sure when you finished as you say " kicked the rear end out" that your coil wire was still attached if you have a distributor set up and not the coil on plug set up(again all depends on year and motor). If it wasn't clicked on there it may have fallen off, you can laugh at the idea I know I sure did when I saw it.:laugh3::laugh3::laugh3::laugh3::laugh3::cheers::cheers:

Back