• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Name that Part

dagr8tim

NAXJA Forum User
It's once again time for everyone's favorite game, name that part. This time, it's a mystery plug along the front bumper. The wire comes out of the passenger headlight bucket and splits off from the horn wiring.

Mystery_Plug_Wire.sized.jpg

Mystery_Plug.jpg

My first guess is an airbag sensor. This XJ had a fog lights, but I removed the plugs with the fogs.

oh good one i wondered the same thing.My moms chrysler lebaron has the same kind of plug in the same location that plugs into nothing must be a chrysler thing

Could that be for the OHC air temp sensor??

Definitely for OHC temp sensor as everyone said. I wish I was you, I'm retrofitting one and I don't have that plug... time to pull wires!

EDIT: If you have two other connectors with heavier wiring, one on each side, they'll be for factory fogs.

It is for the optional rocket launcher. They were not a option for U.S. models only export to Palau, Liechtenstien, Balize and Estonia. However all models we pre-wired for it.

Definitely for OHC temp sensor as everyone said. I wish I was you, I'm retrofitting one and I don't have that plug... time to pull wires!

EDIT: If you have two other connectors with heavier wiring, one on each side, they'll be for factory fogs.

If you need the plug, you can have it for afew bucks for shipping. That's on my parts jeep and I'm in the process of stripping it.

It is for the optional rocket launcher. They were not a option for U.S. models only export to Palau, Liechtenstien, Balize and Estonia. However all models we pre-wired for it.

.....best answer ever.....I'm still laughing....

sorry to hijack, i have a similar two wire plug on my 90 mj, no one seems to know what it is for. its not fog lights, i added those w/ a donor headlight harness. any ideas???

thanks for the offer - I think I clipped the cable out of the junkyard car my sensor and OHC came from, not sure, will check while on my lunch break and let you know.

magimerlin: great info to have!

Back