• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

99 xj ?

jc5938

NAXJA Forum User
Hi everyone I just bought a 99 xj this week with no front drive shaft or sway bar links and an unknown size or brand lift kit in it. The first thing I want to do is put sway bar disconnects on so it will stay on the road but that has not been easy not knowing the lift size the space on the drivers side is 10 5/8 and 11 5/8 on the passenger side where the link would go. when I measure from the center of the axle to the bottom of the fender I get 22.25 inches for the back 22.5 for the front drivers side and 23.5 for the front passenger side. it has skyjacker shocks and steering stabilizer, a Iron rock off road sticker on the window and a rough country warning sticker on the visor those are all the clues I have. I was thinking of making temporary 11.25 inch links and buying a $100.00 junkyard drive shaft but I don't want to waste time and money if I don't have to any thoughts or advice ?

might want to change all the suspension since the jeep has a rough country sticker, take the sticker off too

First off I would like to know your reasoning behind this statement.

I have had a 3" RC lift on my rig for 60k+ miles and 5+ years and have had ZERO issues with it other than saggy aal, which is an issue with any aal.

Not to mention their excellent customer service and NAXJA sponsorship. Now I am not trying to veer off topic with this and start another RC thread, but the OP should know that there is nothing wrong with RC lifts.

Here is a link to the "Dirty Method" for measuring ride height in case your fenders are trimmed.
http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=912893

Pics will help as Polar stated

Also what size tires does it have on it?

Back