• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rough Country Disco's

Cherokeekid88

NAXJA Forum User
I have found that I really need to connect my sway bar while driving on the street and I ordered a set of the rough country quick disconnects a couple months ago, and when I installed them, they just seem to work well. They make my ride even more uncomfortable and they seem that they are too long even though they are supposed to for a 4.5" lift.

Just wanted to know if anyone else is running the rough country disco's with success?

mine haven't given me any problems either.

love mine. drilled the holes out just a tiny bit to allow the pins to slide easier..

I bought the 4-6" lift ones aswell, and i sit at about 4.5" - 5" and mine are on the lowest setting..

i never had any problems with mine. why do you think they are too long? and whats uncomfortable about the ride?

I can never get them installed with ease. and they are always up too high even though I have them adjusted at the lowest point. and it seems like they come loose everytime and I feel a light clunking when they are installed. I feel that I need to cut off an inch on both and redrill the holes.

I can never get them installed with ease. and they are always up too high even though I have them adjusted at the lowest point. and it seems like they come loose everytime and I feel a light clunking when they are installed. I feel that I need to cut off an inch on both and redrill the holes.

how about some pics?

Here is an older pic of when I first put em on. I haven't had them on in months because of this:
RC4.jpg

RC2.jpg

RC5.jpg

That is the lowest I can get them to go and they just don't look right.

Here is an older pic of when I first put em on. I haven't had them on in months because of this:
RC4.jpg

That is the lowest I can get them to go and they just don't look right.

This is mine: 4" lift with 4.5" links

DSCF5754.jpg

Yours seem a little high.

If they are too long, just cut off an inch of the center tube and redrill the pin hole.

Mine looked just like the ones in your picture and the bolt eventually punched a hole through the top of my wheel well. I cut and re-drilled to size but the noisy clunking got to me so I welded them (non-disconnects). After a while I bought some used JKS and replaced them. No problems after that.

I also cut off about an inch and re-drilled the holes. Looks like you need to do the same.

I also painted the inside of the tubes with a graphite based paint to make them slide easier onto the posts. Makes a HUGE difference. Its so much easier now.

Mine looked just like the ones in your picture and the bolt eventually punched a hole through the top of my wheel well. I cut and re-drilled to size but the noisy clunking got to me so I welded them (non-disconnects). After a while I bought some used JKS and replaced them. No problems after that.

They do start to clunk after a while. The holes holding the pin enlarge and cause play in the link. I remember going through that with my skyjacker links on my TJ. They came off within a month and were replaced with solid links that i disconnected with a socket wrench. It's best to avoid off roading with the links connected or else the holes will enlarge quicker.

They do start to clunk after a while. The holes holding the pin enlarge and cause play in the link. I remember going through that with my skyjacker links on my TJ. They came off within a month and were replaced with solid links that i disconnected with a socket wrench. It's best to avoid off roading with the links connected or else the holes will enlarge quicker.

Is there anything I can do prior to installing these that will help with the holes enlarging?

Is there anything I can do prior to installing these that will help with the holes enlarging?

Nope. If and when they do enlarge, just get pins one size larger and drill to fit. They aren't gonna become 1" holes or anything like that or clunk like a loose trackbar, but you will notice the clanking on turns and bumps.

Back