• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

plugging the fuel vent line

uvaldetxj

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys, i'm in the process of capping off the line that runs from the gastank to the charcoal canister. I've read that a few of you have done it. I followed the metal line along the frame rail and at the rear of the vehicle it turns into two separate rubber lines, one on each side of the tank. I already capped the port on the airbox, and turned the elbow down on the charcoal canister. I want to get rid of everything completely. My question is whether I should drop the tank and cap them or just cap them at the beginning of the rubber line? Thanks for the help guys.

I guess I have to ask the question: Why?

Don't seal it off or you could end up with a collapsed tank. A buddy in Steamboat did it a couple of years ago.

Why is it that everybody wants to rip stuff out from under the hood? If there is a problem, why not fix it. The manufacturer didn't just randomly decide to put extra crap under the hood for no good reason.

Why is it that everybody wants to rip stuff out from under the hood? If there is a problem, why not fix it. The manufacturer didn't just randomly decide to put extra crap under the hood for no good reason.

I think that there are a lot of people out there that think "If it's emissions related or I don't understand it, it must be robbing my engine of power."

To the OP: If it's in the way, relocate it, if you think it's robbing you of horsepower, it's not, if it's that you don't understand it, forget it's there.

Back