• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

power window circuit help

davidhaskin1

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 99 xj sport, power windows & locks. the master drivers switch opens the front drivers, and both rear windows, and the front pass. is completely inoperable. both rear windows can only be operated by the master switch. my main concern is getting the front pass window to work. i hooked power directly up to the window motor and it goes up and down like it should. I purchased a new switch for the pass. side and that didn't fix anything. There is no corrosion on the switch connectors. Any suggestions to what the issue could be?

Usually this is due to a wire breaking in the rubber boot between the door and the frame where it gets flexed a lot. Tracking it down can be difficult, there are a few threads about it though I think.

Good luck!

I just fixed my drivers side master switch. I took it out and removed the six small screws on the back. Open it up and spray electrical contact cleaner. It dries fast and removed a bunch of dirt and sand. My issue was the same as yours and the cut out button would stick and not make the clicking sound. I buttoned it up and replaced and all windowsand locks work as they should. If you need an new master switch they are on EBay around $49.00 bones! Good luck and I hope this helps.

Back