• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Limit strap on motor mount bolt?

just reading the title made me think how bad this sounds. but i wouldnt know i've never run limits but i can assume the force of them limiting out wouldnt feel nice on your motor mounts

Too far forward for me. I want to mount the lower end on my lower control arm bolt.
Thanks,
Billy

That's exactly what I did. You'll have to drill the hole in the strap out to 9/16" to fot on the LCA bolt. I've probably pre-ran, flogged my jeep harder than anyone here (that one's for you CrazyJim:D) and it's held up fine.

-Dan

That's exactly what I did. You'll have to drill the hole in the strap out to 9/16" to fot on the LCA bolt. I've probably pre-ran, flogged my jeep harder than anyone here (that one's for you CrazyJim:D) and it's held up fine.

-Dan

5/8" actually. YUCK! But actually the guy at Effin Off Road is going to open the hold up on a couple of their straps for me. Super nice guy!
Thanks,
Billy

how much lift are you running and whats the length of your limit straps?
are you strapped in the rear too?

thinking of using the rear sway bar mounts for the bottom end of a strap anyone ever done that?

i have limit chain... yes, chain. on the bottom motor mount bolt. been like that for a while, no problems.

Back