• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

H.O. Tachometer on a Renix Gauge Cluster??

88XJSport

NAXJA Forum User
I was wondering if a tachometer alone from a 91+ cherokee fits a full gauge cluster from 87-90 cherokee's?

It took me FOREVER to find a renix full gauge cluster, now the tach is jumping around at idle, and has dead spots in it when i accellerate. It only jumps around when it gets "hot." Meaning when i have my dash lights on, it will start jumping about five mins after i turn my lights on. If i have my lights off in the day, it wont start jumping until 20 mins into the drive.

I have cleaned all contacts to no avail. I was just wondering if renix and HO send the same signal, because the junkyards around here have plenty of 91+ clusters with tachs, but zero renix. Any help is great.

Thanks for your help, but i have already done the cluster swap!!! The tachometer on my new gauges is bad. Can i use a HO tachometer ONLY in my RENIX gauge cluster???????

Apparently my plugs and wires had something to do with my tach jumping around unresponsive to engine speed, and was very random, but after i changed them both, it is all better.

Back