• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need some help please

justin H

NAXJA Forum User
well i just bought a 1990 comanche for 300 an the thing is in great shape but the only thing wrong with it is the # 1 an #3 lifter's are going out.
i have no damb idea how to get to them!
is it easyer to just fix them or to get a new motor??????
the only reason i don't wanna put a new motor in it is cuz this one has 113,000 mile's on it.
any advice would more than likely be very helpfull, and if someone has a good running 4.0 for a good price please let me know.

thank's much justin

so i take it is gonna be a pain in the ass to pull the head off an all the sensor's an all the other crap just to get to the damb thing's???
another thing is it goona cost me more to go that rout then to just but a new motor???
please forgive me i'm new to jeep's an don't know crap about them

I am assuming that you are really sure that the lifters are the problem. Before you go for surgery, have you tried drugs? I mean engine chemicals, of course. A dose of engine flush, perhaps some Marvel Mystery oil or some other carbon-cutting nostrum, might be worth trying if the lifters are plugged rather than worn out. 113K miles is pretty low for wearing out.

well i thought it was strange also only haveing 113,000 mile's on it pluss i bought it from some old man from norway.
anyhow i would much rather try that insted of diging into the motor.
thank's very much guy's i'll let you know how it turned out.

justin

Back