• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

How long can I run it?

dagr8tim

NAXJA Forum User
First off, this is on a 98 Sport. I've removed the AC compressor and the belt. Without the accessory belt, how long can I run it before I risk damage?

It's currently pulled into my garage and I want it backed in. I can throw it in neutral and move it hand, but I'd prefer to drive it as long as I can do it in a way as to not overheat or blow the engine.

You have about two minutes.

it only takes a few minutes to bolt the compressor back down and throw the belt on it - I'd rather do that than risk a hotspot killing my head gasket.

it only takes a few minutes to bolt the compressor back down and throw the belt on it - I'd rather do that than risk a hotspot killing my head gasket.

Sadly I sold the compressor already. Perhaps I should have mentioned this is on my parts XJ. I guess I can hook a strap up to it, throw it in neutral and use my other XJ to pull it out of the garage. Then see saw it back and forth in the drive way, and then put an old tire between the bumpers to push it back in.

takes longer then 2minutes for the water in the block/head to warm up. you will be fine just turning i around, but i wouldnt chance any more then that

does the a/c work on your other xj? you could just swap one compressor to the other and move it then swap back...

i seriously dont think the motors going to be running long enough to worry about gettin hot... i look at it this way... how long can you run a boat or jet ski out of the water w/o water being passed thru the motor...

You could drive it out and back in w/o hurting it, if that takes you more than two minutes you shouldn't be driving at all. :roll:

Back