• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Not so good news for labor day

BigDog

NAXJA Forum User
Well we got the Grand and the very next day my XJ took a crap on me. The alt went out on it on our way to a fishing hole. Going up the hill it started spitting and lights went dim the radio went out, Got to the parking spot and shut her off and she wouldn't start back up. Alt and batt are as dead as they come.

I think she got mad at me for buying the other jeep and decided to show me how she felt about it. Not to sure I'm going to be able to afford to get it fixed before this labor day trip. Not to sure what to do now, thought about taking the new one but I got one of them looks from the wife, besides the new one isn't set up for the trails.

I'm going to try to get it fixed and going but if I don't then hope you all think about me when you are out there having fun. I'm hoping to get it back on the road but at this time it,s not looking good.

Oh by the way even though it didn't start my budy and I went fishing for the day any ways figured why not we were already there. Paid off to and I landed a 29" 8 1/2 steelie. So I guess the whole day wasn't a lost then at least got a fishie out of it.

Nice :) I would be more than happy to stand around and drink beer why you put it in:anon: I could turn a wrench if needed.

CJ, if nicks dont work, you can have mine if you wanna come pull it. my rig is down for a little while and ALT's are a dime a dozen..

CJ, if nicks dont work, you can have mine if you wanna come pull it. my rig is down for a little while and ALT's are a dime a dozen..
Well not to sure about a dime but they are sixty new and right now I can't afford that. Thank you though I'll keep that in mind.

So why is yours going to be down for so long whats wrong with it?

i have parked it after the camping trip last month.. need a rear axle.. leaf springs.. rear drive line, Dana 30 needs axle seals and Ball joints, with tie-rods.

Im sick of bandaid fixes that leave me broken on the trail, im buying Rubicon express 4.5" leafs. 8.25 axle. sye with front driveshaft.

yea. it will be a little while before i can cover that $1k

by the way dont feel bad for taking my alt if you want it. I'll pull one off the rolled jeep saturday

That rolled one still around? Man I'm telling you we need to chop the top off that and put roll bars in it. Lets make it a project rig.

That rolled one still around? Man I'm telling you we need to chop the top off that and put roll bars in it. Lets make it a project rig.
the suspension and axles out of it are gone, madmax is buying the tranny/TC another guy is buying the fuel tank. Im takin a few parts of the exhaust all thats left is a shell and motor.

but hey. it has a good alt! lol

i drove up to taco bell for lunch and noticed your rig sittin in front of the garage, you drivin the zj for now?

Yeah and after this labor day trip will be driving it then because the XJ is going in the garrage and getting a whole mess load of work done to it. Going to be stripped down to almost nothing.

Yeah and after this labor day trip will be driving it then because the XJ is going in the garrage and getting a whole mess load of work done to it. Going to be stripped down to almost nothing.
i'll have to drive my pile over to your garage and get my hands dirty.:guitar:

Well we got the Grand and the very next day my XJ took a crap on me. The alt went out on it on our way to a fishing hole. Going up the hill it started spitting and lights went dim the radio went out, Got to the parking spot and shut her off and she wouldn't start back up. Alt and batt are as dead as they come.

Must be contagious. I drove home tonight with dim lights, and the gauge showing 8 volts. I just replaced the alternator at the beginning of May too. I guess that's what I get for buying a reman China built alternator. :confused1

i've replaced my alt twice now. and also the battery twice, i dont have many problems, except if my Alt gets super wet. (puddle splash) then the voltage goes crazy (19v +) and everything electric works as if its right off the show room. (windows will go down in 2 seconds)

Back