• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2 or 4 door?

vjarman

NAXJA Forum User
ok everyone i have a question for ya... its more of an opinion i guess. would a two door or a 4 door be a better base for a jeepspeed? i have an 89 two door and a 90 4 door... thanks

Both are in use, but it ends up pretty much being a preference. I like 2 door because of looks and it's easier to get into especially when jumping over the cage. There's an opinion that the additional door supports of a 4 door strengthen the unibody. 4 door is also more common when you need repacement body parts.

-Randy

I built a 4 door and now I'm building a 2 door.

2 doors look better, are lighter, and have bigger front doors, which is important to me since I am 6' 5". I've heard the point that the 4 door has an additional pillar, but I've never seen a 2 door Jeepspeed fail because it had 1 less pillar.

Chris

Mine is a 2 door.

If I did it all over again I would build a 4 door. Easier to get to tools, supply's or anything ect. ect. that is behind the front seats in a 4 door.

2 doors look better though...

Eric

Rear glass can easily be put on a 4 door with functioning doors.

I agree, My JS is a four door and its great to be able to get to the bak area quickly. My DD is a 2 door and i think it looks cooler..

100_0681.jpg

2 door for the rear fiberglass!!!

I have a 4dr btw
2 door does not denote fiberglass. The hatches were only fiberglass in the pre 97 XJ's, and then it didn't matter if it was 2 or 4 doors.

my research led to the 2-door as you can move the seats back more, otherwise personal preference.

I have a 2 door and a 4 door, both '99's. My 4 door definitely has more leg room. I've talked with other people and they agree.

ok well the two door has a rougher body cause i 4 wheel it now... and the 4 door only has three dings on the whole body. so i think i'll use the 4 door. now do i have to have a title for the vehicle?

2 door does not denote fiberglass. The hatches were only fiberglass in the pre 97 XJ's, and then it didn't matter if it was 2 or 4 doors.

He is talking about the fact that it is easier to add rear fenders.

4 door is good for its wheelbase if your going to climb but the 2 door is going to fit in tighter areas, and same for jeepspeed that wheelbase could go both ways so i think it comes down to looks. i drive a 4 door if i wanted a short jeep id get a yj or a tj.

4 door is good for its wheelbase if your going to climb but the 2 door is going to fit in tighter areas, and same for jeepspeed that wheelbase could go both ways so i think it comes down to looks. i drive a 4 door if i wanted a short jeep id get a yj or a tj.

The two door and the four door have the same wheel base..

I dig that fiberglass for the 2drs. I keep on seeing people post that the 4dr seats go back further, but I have sat in some 4drs that don't go as far back as my 2drs do(cause my knees are closer to the dash in the 4drs)--are you sure it's not the illusion from the further forward 4dr pillars when the seat is all the way back? One of these days we'll have to get a measurement from the back seat to the back of the front seat when all the way back and in the upright position.

I have a 2 door and a 4 door, both '99's. My 4 door definitely has more leg room. I've talked with other people and they agree.
as most of the jeepspeeds do not use the stock seat mounting, I was talking about moving the seat back, mounts and all. The 2-door doors go further back so you can still get in/out when you do this, and it moves the weight of the drive/co driver back.

Back