• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

check engine light after flomaster.

If you've got a '96 you can do the ON-OFF-ON-OFF-ON...wait, and the Check Engine light will slowly start to illuminate in a two-digit pattern. Write that down, and post it here or search for the links.

The light will flash the tens digit and then the ones, and pause before doing the next one. Blink...pause...blink...blink...pause...pause...(etc) would be 1 2, or Code Twelve...

Yucca-Man said:
If you've got a '96 you can do the ON-OFF-ON-OFF-ON...wait, and the Check Engine light will slowly start to illuminate in a two-digit pattern. Write that down, and post it here or search for the links.

The light will flash the tens digit and then the ones, and pause before doing the next one. Blink...pause...blink...blink...pause...pause...(etc) would be 1 2, or Code Twelve...
What years does that work with? I've never heard of that before.

I think the '91 also does it...but '96 is supposed to be the last year that works.

yeah i think its jsut the later OBDI systems. The OBDII stuff you can hook up a cheap code puller/scanner and pull the codes that way. My 95 has the on off on off thing so it was atleast till 95.

97 does the same thing

supposedly 96 and up was obII, and 95 and down was obdI. although i've seen two 96 models that were definitely obdI. probably a running change.

Back