• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Will not Start.

midnight run

NAXJA Forum User
I was stopped a at a red light when my jeep died. It turns over just fine, so I know the battery and starter are good. I checked the pressure at the fuel rail(pressed in the schrader valve on the fuel rail, and turned the key on) I got good pressure. I am getting air and fuel, but I don't think I am getting spark. I havn't had a chance to pull the coil thing off and actually test for spark.(I was stuck in the middle of an intersection) It is a 2001 model so it has the coil rail thing on the s/plugs. Do the coils go bad? If the coil is not firing, what sends electricity to the coils? Help Please!!!!!!

Last edited:
The Crank Position sensor is the most common "no start" problem for XJ's The connector is located driver side, rear of block, should be 3 wire connector. There's a write up on how to test it somewhere, but you can unplug and plug it back in see if that helps any. A lot of times when the engine is warm the sensor is affected by the heat, making it not want to crank.

Back