• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Vacuum Reservoir not connected....

Dozer11B

NAXJA Forum User
I pulled my front bumper today to remove the endcaps and prep for trimming. My vacuum canister has one line coming out, and it was chewed completely through.

I've put about 350 miles on this truck since I bought it, and jhaven't noticed any issues. AC works, cruise works, what else does this affect?? And also where does that line run to from the Vac Canister in my bumper?

Thanks guys.

OK, so I just went and took some pics. I forgot to post the year/model- 1995 Country/HO. The PO had added/modified this truck a bit, and I'm still learning, so I need help identifying some related parts as well.

Here's the line from the Vac Res:

IMGP0071.jpg

Here is what appeaars to be the capped off end to that line:

IMGP0072.jpg

Here is a T-fitting in that line (red arrow) which is connected to the module outlined in red. What is this module???:

IMGP0073.jpg

And I know this is part of my AC, but what is this aluminum block??:

IMGP0075.jpg

Thanks for all the help in advance guys.

Here is a T-fitting in that line (red arrow) which is connected to the module outlined in red. What is this module???:

IMGP0073.jpg

That's the cruise control servo. The vacuum line is capped AFTER the tee. That's why your cruise control is still working, it's still getting vacuum.

If the bumper isn't an option, I'd probably put it over the driver side wheel well right next to the master cylinder. That's also a great place to put an electric OBA compressor from what I have seen.

In my 1990 Renix I mounted the vacuum reservoir under the coolant pressure bottle on the passenger side firewall.

I read somewhere here that the vac res is smaller on the older models, which would make it easier for relocation.

I read somewhere here that the vac res is smaller on the older models, which would make it easier for relocation.

The vacuum reservoir is smaller on the 97+. It's about the size of a grapefruit, half the size of the oblong ones on the earlier models. I got one of the smaller ones on my 92, because it tucks in nicely inside my Loose Nuts winch bumper.

The vacuum reservoir is smaller on the 97+. It's about the size of a grapefruit, half the size of the oblong ones on the earlier models. I got one of the smaller ones on my 92, because it tucks in nicely inside my Loose Nuts winch bumper.
I had loose nuts once but then I realized it was just really hot out. :sunshine: So do the small tanks work just as well?

I'll ignore that first part. ;)

Yes, the smaller reservoirs work just fine.

You do see that the vacuum line does not connect to the expansion valve, it looks like it goes into the vehicle interior, probably to operate the mode door.

Yeah roger- I just figured since I was under the hood, and was wondering what it was.......

The early (84-88) or so have a nice tin can based vacuum res with a nice mounting bracket and internal one way valve that they mount on the inner fender well. You can mount it in a much smaller space and works great.

The early (84-88) or so have a nice tin can based vacuum res with a nice mounting bracket and internal one way valve that they mount on the inner fender well. You can mount it in a much smaller space and works great.
I remember those....good idea.....off to the JY.party1:

Back