• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New steering problem

94xjstud

NAXJA Forum User
Ok so I have run into a little problem with my new steering. This is the kit I bought http://www.ballisticfabrication.com/...rs_p_1335.html.
I have both knuckles and the pitman drilled out, and the heims in place. I also cut off the steering stabiliizer and swaybar links.
The problem is that when I cut the new tie rod to fit it is really big and is hitting the track bar bolt and limiting turning to the passenger side.
I need to go to a OTA track bar mount and was looking at either the JKS one, or getting a truss. I would like to keep the tracbar I currently have but I think that is unlikely.
Camera was dead so no pics

Any input or pics would be greatly appreciated

I just got the OTA bracket from Rusty's offroad for my OTK steering conversion. It's pretty straight forward and easy to install with about an hour of grinding and welding. You completely remove the factory trac bar and steering stabalizer mounts off the axle. I don't know if this will work unless you have their HD frame mount and HD adjustable trac bar. I say this because you have to position the stabalizer from the center of the drag link to the frame mount instead of to the axle. They don't list the Trac-bar Axle Relocation Brackets on their website individually but if you call them they will ship you one for around $40 plus shipping.

Heres a picture of the bracket in it's raw form. Just remove the factory stuff and weld it between the spring perch and upper control arm mount.

http://rustysoffroad.com/mm5/media/steering/BK-SC300_01.jpg

Hope this helps you out.

Back