• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

TNT to radius 3-link?

Simms

NAXJA Forum User
I'm not good at searchin...

I'm sure someone has done it, so who has removed one of the upper arms off of the TNT Y-link kit to make it a radius 3-link of sorts?

Thoughts? Opinions? Experience?

I'm thinkin about doin this with mine since the Y-link has a bind issue...

I have no experience at all with this but Iron Rock Offroad had the radius 3 link your talking about and from what I READ it works well but thats all I know

I saw the question asked in you like but no answer to it...Why do you think its a horrible idea? Are you still running yours as a twin y-link?

Anyone know if this is a good or bad idea? Or know of someone that has done it? I'm prolly gonna cut the floor in the PS and do a true 3-link when I get time/funds and get clued in with more info on link sep. and length...I need to build steering first tho...

Anyways, for now...Wheelin with just one upper on the TNT Y-link...How about it?

I remember seeing a thread not long ago where "xjranger" has a friend who did it and it works as well as his 3 link mid arm according to him.if i am not mistaken all of the joints on axle and the small connecting one on single arm would have to be flex/hard joints. just like a true 3 link.frame side could be rubber.custom shops have built them like that 4 yrs with no problems..PM xj ranger for more info on it..

Thanks! Thats what I was lookin for...

If I was going to do it I would run a hard joint at the axle end and run a larger diameter bolt. I wouldn't trust a factory 10mm bolt to handle all of that load.

If I was going to do it I would run a hard joint at the axle end and run a larger diameter bolt. I wouldn't trust a factory 10mm bolt to handle all of that load.
Currie makes a joint for it that accepts a 1/2" bolt. rockkrawler uses a 14mm on the UCA also and i personally don't see a problem with it.as long as it's grade 8.

Opie was talking about my car.

I have one RE-based radius arm and one RE-based long lower...radius arm with the upper removed.

Rubber at the axle end of the lowers.

Poly at the axle end of the single upper.

Hard joints where the upper mounts to the lower and where the lowers mount to the crossmember.

Works really well. And yes, I use the small bolts on the upper.

Opie was talking about my car.

I have one RE-based radius arm and one RE-based long lower...radius arm with the upper removed.

Rubber at the axle end of the lowers.

Poly at the axle end of the single upper.

Hard joints where the upper mounts to the lower and where the lowers mount to the crossmember.

Works really well. And yes, I use the small bolts on the upper.
Was wondering why poly on the one upper instead of rubber? thanks

If you remove the upper arm on one of your links you will need to weld the axle tubes or you have a strong chance of spinning one.

Where did that come from?Most use the drivers side upper which is part of the 3rd member housing!

If you remove the upper arm on one of your links you will need to weld the axle tubes or you have a strong chance of spinning one.

when you do this, should you remove the axle seal? does it get hot enough to damage the rubber on the seal?

Back