• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Question about lift?

92XJR3D

NAXJA Forum User
So as some of you know i finished my lift and everything, i noticed my rear axel sits farther back then most peoples like the wheels arent centered in the wheel well, A 2000 cherokee with a 3" lift came in and i was checking it out and noticed this person had longer rear shakles, do you think if i had longer rear shackles that it would push my rear axel formard more? just an idea some of my techs think this might happen as well let me know

The only way it can be pushed back is bye the leaf packs center pin,xj leaf packs are 23"s from center pin to front eye. go to "general leaf spring.com" to see how they are measured.does your perch have multiple holes maybe? the length of leaf pack from center pin to rear hanger has no bearing on where it sits in wheel well.

A lot of lift packs seem to move the axle forward an inch or two. It's unusual to see one pushed back, but you can use the same trick I did:

I drilled a new hole in the spring plate (that sits on top of the leaf spring) to accept the top of the centering pin, which repositioned the axle right where I wanted it.

Robert

ya i measured them its all good so i will check the center pin tomorrow as far as the perch your talking about where the spring sits on the axel correct? if so the pin is in the right hole.

Back