• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Cheap and easy backpack storage

Dozer11B

NAXJA Forum User
So I'm still waiting for my tools and everything to get to Clarksville, TN from Germany, but I have been buying the bare minimum here and there so I can at least play with my new toy a little.

As my little collection grew, I relaized I neede some sort of way to stow the stuff for now, and I was walking through Wal-Mart with the family and told my wife I needed to go to the automotive section to find a solution to my problem, when my 3 year old daughter said "just get a backpack, Daddy". So I did:

IMGP0063.jpg

I just unddi the straps to the backpack, slid the bottom straps under the seatback and reconnected on the other side. The slider buckles are in the lower back area for a passenger sitting in the middle of the back seat, but hey all that's in there now are three car seats!

I know there are some pretty HD rear cargo setups going on, but that area will be reserved for my 80lb Bull Dog. I'll be going with a roof rck to lug the kids/Wife's gear out for camping.

This setup could work for a quick grab bag if it was reversed to sit inside of the seat, as long as no one is sitting there.

Oh yeah- backpack= $9.

Being able to "let my wife know" her bleach leaked all over my cargo area after doing laundry at the laundry-mat= priceless (I hear sh-t constantly about her 2WD Liberty.......)

but hey all that's in there now are three car seats!

good thing you've got a couple Jeeps, cuz that other hobby that you and the misses have will get expensive!

good idea on the backpack- sometimes it takes a young and unclouded mind to see the obvious.

That's a good tip. I use a backpack for my fishing tackle, after trying all different kinds of tackle storage this has been the easiest way to carry my tackle around a lake or on a long walk to a good fishing hole. Plus I can just bungee cord it down in the jeep and go! No more plastic tackle boxes sliding around!

I think I will steal this idea when I go to college in September. It will keep my books clean incase I get the urge/invite to get dirty.

HAHA Shorty- The hobby is done. I have three daughters- three strikes and I'm out.

Oh yeah and the wife's bleach stripped my paint to the primer........

So I'm still waiting for my tools and everything to get to Clarksville, TN from Germany, but I have been buying the bare minimum here and there so I can at least play with my new toy a little.

As my little collection grew, I relaized I neede some sort of way to stow the stuff for now, and I was walking through Wal-Mart with the family and told my wife I needed to go to the automotive section to find a solution to my problem, when my 3 year old daughter said "just get a backpack, Daddy". So I did:

IMGP0063.jpg

I just unddi the straps to the backpack, slid the bottom straps under the seatback and reconnected on the other side. The slider buckles are in the lower back area for a passenger sitting in the middle of the back seat, but hey all that's in there now are three car seats!

I know there are some pretty HD rear cargo setups going on, but that area will be reserved for my 80lb Bull Dog. I'll be going with a roof rck to lug the kids/Wife's gear out for camping.

This setup could work for a quick grab bag if it was reversed to sit inside of the seat, as long as no one is sitting there.

Very cool. thanks for posting this. :)

Back