• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Looking for good local junkyards

bigdumbfun

NAXJA Forum User
I live in Belfair and there is only one junkyard between Bremerton and Shelton that has a few XJs and will let you wander around and go shopping. Lately his inventory is dwindling and the stuff he has is pretty picked over. When I lived in the Portland/Vancouver area, there was a chain called "u-pull-it". The yards were clean and very reasonably priced and they rotated cars through every 6 months or so. They kept a computer printout at the office of what cars they had. Anything in the Tacoma or Olympia areas?

I haven't visited any JY within the last 2ish years, but when i did the best one for XJs was the JY down Meridian past the dump on the left. I think is was like 290th ish? They let you get the part yourself if you wanted or they'd do it for you. There a few just past the Roy Y, but not sure if they have much XJ stuff.

Pick a Part in Oympia. I haven't been there, but I plan on stopping by some day when I'm in the area.

Willy

Airport autowrecking on hwy3. It' just north of the drive in and on the other side of the highway. That's where I usually go. I was talking to the owner there last week and he said that he has crushed 300 cars lately and hasn't been getting much in. He usually has around 20 XJ's. I like doing buisness with them but they just dont have much right now. The jeeps that they do have are starting to drop roots.

Pick a Part in Oympia. I haven't been there, but I plan on stopping by some day when I'm in the area.

Willy

The PAP in Oly is near the airport on hwy 99. I visit it about once a month. They have great prices (I paid $5 for a gas skid), and they ALWAYS have a great selection of pre 96 XJs and pre 98 ZJs. They get new XJs almost weekly, so you can usually get what you are looking for. They also usually have a few FSJs, but the axles go really quick. As far as axles go, they charge about $150 complete. Phone #800 533-0374

Another JY to check out is I-5 auto wrecking S. of Chehalis. That is where I go for parts for my 01. They charge a little more, but not to bad. Phone# 800 551-4489

Yet another is Torgerson Wrecking in Napavine. They specialize in trucks and 4x4s. Phone# 800 647-7898

There are a lot more, but these are the ones I use.

Back