• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

shocks-what are you running

D.I.T.A

NAXJA Forum User
i have an xj with a RE 3.5 super flex and 31's and i was wondering what you guys are running and would recomend. this truck sees a lot of pavement so i want something that will ride nice and last a long time. there are two shocks i have been thinking about the ome's nitro chargers, and bilstiens 5125
any input would be great thanks

I run Old Man Emu Long-Travel Nitrochargers. They ride pretty doggone good. Better than my stockers.

5.5" lift
5150's front and rear
14" travel

i have a RE 3.5" superride on the way (supposed to get here tuesday!) and i have some JK rubicon shocks, are those long enough? some places i read they have the extra travel and work for 3-5" of lift on a cherokee, well other people have told me that they are the same size as the base JK shocks. BUT ive also read/heard that rubicons have about 2" of lift as opposed to the base. as long as the rubicon shocks will fit, ill be running those.

OME nitrochargers on a 3.5" Superride. These shocks are a great upgrade over stock and the ride is definately smooth on the road. I can't speak on the longevity of these shocks, since I only put them in a few weeks ago.

rustys... course mine is a trail only shock.

as for my dd i run walker evens remote reservoir adj. shocks!

i have an xj with a RE 3.5 super flex and 31's and i was wondering what you guys are running and would recomend. this truck sees a lot of pavement so i want something that will ride nice and last a long time. there are two shocks i have been thinking about the ome's nitro chargers, and bilstiens 5125
any input would be great thanks

I see more pavement than I would like, since my ride is a DD. I am sure guys will tell you there are great shocks for mostly street application that are cheaper than Bilstein and I am not arguing that at all. I, however, recommend BILSTEIN HANDS DOWN. If you can spare the extra coin, you will know where it went. I am running 5150s in the front and 5125's in the rear and absolutely LOVE THEM. I have run D3000s, RE monotubes and house brand PORC and I all i have to say is GO BILSTEIN!!!!

I recommend going through www.topguncustomz.com I got a REALLY good deal through them. PM me and I might be able to hook you up

OME on my 01 with OME HD lift. Great firm ride and lots of control.

Rancho 5000 on my 88 with 3in Rancho lift. Good ride but a little bouncy.

You can't go wrong with either the OME's or the Bilstien's.

Back