• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Please help, I can't keep my jeep on the road

benulis55

NAXJA Forum User
Ok so heres the deal

jeep drove fine with lift

i added Rough country drop brackets, and it handles like sh*t!!!

the sway bar links were hitting the coils, so i added sway bar drop brackets, same thing

heres what it does:

when i turn the wheel, it takes A LOT of turning to actually turn the wheels

i had the steering rack bolts out and back in a few times while working on my front bumper, but everything went back on tight

i KNOW i need an alignment but it is definitly more than that

like when i am on the road going like 45 mph, when there is a turn i turn the wheel, eventually it turns but so much that then i go off the road. So i am driving like side to side down the road.

it sucks!

there is like a knock or clunk when i turn the wheel. but only one

is my steering hanging on something? i cant see anything as is so i dont know

any advice guys?

do you think my ball joints are just SHOT!!! i wondered that but it drove fine before the drop brackets and me messing with the steering rack

tighten your track bar

X2, your trackbar is probably loose as hell, and the frame side bracket is probably where the clunk is coming from.

Most likely the reason why it takes a lot of turning before the wheels actually turn, is if the trackbar is loose, the axle will move side to side under the Jeep. It will move until it can't move anymore, and then the the tires will start to move since that is now the path of least resistance.

Pulling the steering box off (rack?) will not cause these conditions. There is only one way to put it back on, and out of the many times I've had mine out, it has never done this.

Last edited:
Thanks guys, hopefully that is all it is

5.5"s of lift? trac bar is a good place to start,it's a adjustable i take it? are your arms adjustable and are they proper length for lift?" search" RC drop bracket install thread near end of it another member had similar problem and how he fixed it..good luck Yucca-Man: Rubicon Express RE9900 Drop Brackets here's a good starting point for control arm lenghts.if you have a bow in coils,correct adjustment is needed.

Back